- Career Opportunities
Want to join Mercury Telecom?
We are actively seeking qualified persons to fill the following position(s):
Location: Midland, MI - Department: Sales
Mercury Telecom is seeking a qualified B2B sales representative to grow our existing customer base and introduce new opportunities in the Flint market. We offer phone service, phone solutions, internet and alarm monitoring to commercial businesses in Michigan.
In this role, a successful applicant will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Develop and implement strategies to grow the organization’s business and market share through our approved sales methodology
- Prospect aggressively to develop new business partners through networking, referrals, and cold calling; including follow up appropriately to obtain appointments
- Work with business partners to identify target accounts and to achieve specific goals for closing new business
- Plan, coordinate and execute sales presentations to inform, persuade, educate and ultimately close business
- Work closely with provisioning and customer support, keeping them informed of customer needs
- Maintain complete customer documentation and maintain appropriate customer and prospect information into the company’s customer relationship management database
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated and have some basic knowledge of technology. The successful applicant must be comfortable in a dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Preferably somewhat familiar with VoIP concepts, hosted technology, and practices, and rely on experience and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally both verbally and in written correspondence
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Candidate must be 100% professional, and be able to patiently and effectively communicate complex concepts to audiences with varying skill levels, in person, on the phone, and via email
- The position requires an organized, highly motivated individual that has excellent project and task management skill
- This job requires attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work both self-directed and as a member of a team
- Must be able to prioritize effectively
If you have the experience and/or feel that you have the ability, enjoy working with people, and wish to work in a rewarding industry, we are interested in hearing from you. Mercury offers a strong compensation package including great pay, medical insurance, dental/vision insurance, company-paid life and disability insurance, individual retirement accounts with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and tuition reimbursement.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Midland, MI - Department: Field Technician
Mercury Telecom is in search of a qualified Security System Technician in Midland, MI. It is preferred that candidates have a strong and proven background in inspecting, installing, and servicing intrusion detection, access control, and video recording systems.
If you have the experience and/or feel that you have the ability, enjoy working with your hands, and wish to work in a rewarding industry that protects life and property, we are interested in hearing from you. Mercury offers a strong compensation package including great pay, medical insurance, dental/vision insurance, company-paid life and disability insurance, individual retirement accounts with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and tuition reimbursement.
The candidate will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of a wide variety of low voltage systems and equipment from different manufactures. The primary systems will be intrusion detection, access control, and video recording, but from time to time the technician will be working on other systems such as fire alarm, intercom, nurse call, audio system or other low-voltage systems. This job requires attention to detail, professional appearance and behavior, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work both self-directed and as a member of a team.
- Install and program intrusion detection systems, access control systems, video recording systems and peripherals from start to finish with little or no supervision
- Install related low voltage cabling, including audio, video, ethernet, telephone, and coax
- Work with customers to identify necessary and desired systems, components, and services to meet customer’s needs and wants
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot various system issues that may arise
- Perform regular and emergency service as required
- Maintain an on-going dialog with the Project Manager to ensure work quality, performance, and materials meet required schedules and expectations
- Manage inventory and materials
- Complete paperwork in an accurate, legible, and timely manner
- Perform some self-training to complete quality installations
- Provide customers with system operation training
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED with 2 years working experience OR
- High School Diploma or GED, plus a Trade school or certification with no experience OR
- Military Experience
Skill and Attribute Requirements:
- Demonstrable understanding of low voltage security systems: access control, readers, panels, power supplies, door locking hardware, sensors, cameras, DVRs/NVRs, low voltage wiring, distance limitations.
- Must be familiar with industry standard installation practices and local, state, and national codes, including NEC and NFPA codes applicable to the position.
- Experience with conduit installation and working with unistrut
- Working knowledge of various versions of Microsoft Windows and computer utilities
- Experience with computer and network communications protocols and interfaces, including TCP/IP, Wi-Fi, Cellular, Ethernet, RS-485, RS-482, RS-232, RJ-45, RJ-31X, etc.
- Customer-oriented interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, mechanical drawings, specifications, and schematics
Essential Functions and General Requirements:
- Must have clean driving record, valid driver’s license, pass drug and background checks
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance and keep work vehicle clean and organized
- Manage inventory and tools for each job to assure proper parts and tools are on hand
- Manage the installation jobsite in an efficient and safe manner keeping it clean, organized, & professional
- May require performance of On Call duties as required including responding and resolving weekend trouble calls.
- Follow All Mercury Policies & Procedures
- Be on time, ready to work when scheduled, and complete all duties assigned by management in a timely manner
- Must maintain current knowledge of NEC and NFPA codes applicable to the position, and be willing to attend training sessions
- Must be able to obtain required Certification(s)
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to climb ladders and tolerate heights reaching a minimum of 15 feet
- Must be able to recognize safety alarm sounds and sights
- This position requires the handling of chemicals that may be skin and respiratory irritants. Must not be sensitive to these materials, MSDS are available.
- Constant (5-8hrs/shift) standing, walking, handling objects, and eye/hand/foot coordination
- Frequently (2-5hrs/shift) reaching, carrying and grasping objects, repetitive motions
- Occasionally (up to 2hrs/shift) stooping, lifting, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, crawling, exposure to weather, heavy to very heavy physical work/duty
Mercury will provide a company vehicle, standard tools such as screw drivers, punch downs, crimpers, strippers, a cordless drill, tool belt, etc. as well as a Uniform and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Location: Manitowoc, WI - Department: Field Technician
- Full-Time, First Shift: 35 to 45 Hours Per Week, Monday through Friday.
- On-call duties on Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays will be assigned from time to time.
- $14.00 Per Hour to $19.00 Per Hour
- Paid time off, medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits available
- Must have a valid drivers license and good driving record.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must provide own clothing, including boots, bibs, and gloves.
- Mercury provides vehicle, tools, and equipment.
- 2+ years experience in DirecTV or Dish Network satellite television installations preferred.
- 2+ years experience in cabling and network installations, audio/video cabling and system installations, or roofing and building will be considered.
- Computer Networking is a Plus.
- Must be physically able to handle ladders and must not be afraid of heights.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Installation and repair of radios, antennas, routers, and cables at customer locations, similar to DirecTV and Dish Network satellite television installs.
- Installation and repair of radios, antennas, routers, switches, cables, and related equipment broadcast locations, which include water towers, silos, grain elevators, and similar structures. Do not apply if you are afraid of heights! Training in tower climbing safety and rescue will be provided.
- Refurbishing and testing equipment in office.
Location: Midland, MI - Department: Field Technician
Mercury Telecom is in search of a qualified VoIP Technician and Installer in Midland, MI. It is preferred that candidates have a background in Network Administration or Technician and/or VoIP telephony.
Mercury offers a strong compensation package including great pay, medical insurance, dental/vision insurance, company-paid life and disability insurance, individual retirement accounts with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and tuition reimbursement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Telephony support relating to technical issues involving all telecommunications systems: VoIP, voicemail, analog, and vendor specific hardware and software, including hardware/software installation, configuration, and programming; testing; end user training.
- VoIP and some traditional telecommunications systems service and support.
- Administration and maintenance of IP telephony servers, switches, routers, and gateways.
- Work with telecommunications carriers for troubleshooting of voice and data circuits.
- Monitor remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed.
- Working knowledge of CAT5E installs (start to finish) including specialized test equipment and accurate record keeping.
- Perform complex moves, adds, and changes to telephony systems with little supervision.
- Communicate clearly with the customer and understand their needs on the job before, during, and after completion.
- Perform complex troubleshooting on communications systems without supervision.
- Ability to conduct end user training on systems implemented.
- Takes ownership of projects start to finish.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Good judgment to request assistance when necessary and work independently otherwise.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Enter all work as tickets into ticketing system.
- Maintains awareness in regard to technologies and trends emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Enjoy working with customers and external audiences.
- In-depth knowledge of VoIP protocols.
- Familiarity with the fundamental concepts used in traditional telecommunication systems.
- Working knowledge of quality of service network issues that impact VoIP performance as well as their measurement and analysis.
- Understanding of networks including cable modems, DSL, and wireless.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Benefits package including health insurance, dental, vision and retirement.
- High school or equivalent
- Bachelor’s in related field OR 3-4 years of IT experience including networking OR 1-2 years of VoIP telephony and networking experience
Our compensation packages include:
- Competitive Earnings
- Paid Time Off
- Accidental Death and Disability Insurance
- Medical Insurance Benefits
- Dental Insurance Benefits
- Vision Insurance Benefits
- Retirement Account Benefits
- Continuing Education Benefits