- This policy covers how Mercury Telecom treats personal information that Mercury Telecom collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Mercury Telecom products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Mercury Telecom does not own or control, or to people that Mercury Telecom does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- Mercury Telecom collects personal information when you register with Mercury Telecom, when you use Mercury Telecom products or services, when you visit Mercury Telecom pages or the pages of certain Mercury Telecom partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. Mercury Telecom may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, birth date, and address. When you register with Mercury Telecom and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- Mercury Telecom collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners.
- Mercury Telecom automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Mercury Telecom cookie information, and the page you request.
- Mercury Telecom uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Mercury Telecom does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Mercury Telecom under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Mercury Telecom communicate with you about offers from Mercury Telecom and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- We transfer information about you if Mercury Telecom is acquired by or merged with another company.
- Mercury Telecom displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria, for example, people ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- Mercury Telecom does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- Mercury Telecom advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
- Mercury Telecom may set and access Mercury Telecom cookies on your computer.
- Mercury Telecom lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Mercury Telecom's cookies.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your Mercury Telecom Account Information at any time.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Mercury Telecom service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Mercury Telecom Newsletter, that are considered part of your Mercury Telecom account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- Your Mercury Telecom Account Information is password-protected.
- In certain areas Mercury Telecom uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
Mercury Telecom may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary e-mail address specified in your Mercury Telecom account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please complete our feedback form or contact us at:
Attn: Customer Service
2719 Ashman Street
Midland, MI 48640
989-837-3790 extension 3